Sunday 4 December 2011

The Pursuit of Liberty Belle

The Pursuit of Liberty Belle by Amber Deckers
Published April 3rd 2008
256 pages
Genre: Young Adult
Stars: 5/5




Description via Goodreads:
"These days I don't know how to talk about the things I have inside me. I just feel empty, like part of me also drowned in the ocean. Or maybe I just don't want to feel better." 
Just when it seems like life is almost perfect for Liberty Belle, tragedy strikes. The loss of a loved one turns her world upside down. Wrapped in grief, she struggles to get through each day, losing faith with everything around her. Will Liberty ever be able to make peace with herself and the world?


My thoughts: 

I liked this way more than I expected to. From the very first page I was drawn in and interested i what Libby had to tell us. The 'before' section was really witty and fun and did a good job at illustrating all the characters. The 'after' section had a much more depressing feel to it but it was still very compelling and well written. The ending was really sweet and fitting. Overall it was a really lovely book and I'm glad I picked it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sorry about the word verification, it's the only way to stop the huge amounts of spam!

Thanks SO much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...