Saturday 3 December 2011

Glass Houses

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
Published May 26th 2009 
348 pages
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Fantasy
Stars: 5/5




Description:


It's a small college town filled with quirky characters. But when the sun goes down, the bad comes out. Because in Morganville, there is an evil that lurks in the darkest shadows - one that will spill out into the bright light of day. Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. The popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks on the school's social scene: somewhere less than zero. And Claire really doesn't have the right connections - to the undead who run the town. When Claire heads off campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Hew new roommates don't show many signs of life. But they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood...

My thoughts:

An excellent start to the series. It pulled be in right from the beginning, and there wasn't a point where I was not interested in the story. I love the characters- they have real personalities and I love how they look out for each other. Claire is really lovable and I found myself really caring about the fate of her and the other three in the house- Shane, Michael and Eve. The plot is captivating, and really well presented. Shane makes a deal with one of the vampires, and in order to reverse the deal, Claire decides to find a very valuable book that the vampires of Morganville have been trying to find for hundreds of years. I loved reading the story about why the book was important, and the book finished on a cliff-hanger which definitely left me wanting to read more.

2 comments:

  1. This book looks good too. I hate when part 1 JUST comes out & we have to wait and wait to get part 2!
    That happened to me with EVE. I am biting my nails waiting for pt 2.
    Books&Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series!
    Glad you enjoyed it too! Great review!

    Jennifer @ BooksThatSpark.com

    ReplyDelete

So sorry about the word verification, it's the only way to stop the huge amounts of spam!

Thanks SO much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...