Saturday 3 December 2011

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella 
Published February 12th 2009 
319 pages
Genre: Women's fiction
Stars: 5/5



Description:

On the face of it, Rebecca Bloomwood has it all. Confident, single and happily living in des-res Fulham with her best friend Suze, she's a financial journalist who spends her days writing articles advising other people on the importance of budgeting and prudent investing. Her private life is a different story though; Rebecca manages her own finances in a way that would make most of her readers' hair curl--for Rebecca is a woman on a mission--she just can't stop spending.

My thoughts: 


I really didn't expect to like this as much as I did. I thought it might be a bit silly and boring. I loved it, though. The first half was especially good. It was really refreshing and light, and I found myself laughing out loud several times. I loved how Becky's mind worked- everything was so dramatic and blown out of proportion. It's not my usual kind of book, but I'm really glad I picked it up. I'd recommend it to anyone wishing for a fun, distracting read.

1 comment:

  1. Great review I bought this book a while back so I hope to read it soon, it looks like a fun book to read! xxx

    a-reading-daydreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

So sorry about the word verification, it's the only way to stop the huge amounts of spam!

Thanks SO much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...