Monday 5 December 2011

Frankenstein

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Published in 1818
273 pages
Genre: Horror
Stars: 5/5



Description via Puffin:

One of the best known horror stories ever. Victor Frankenstein, a Swiss scientist, has a great ambition: to create intelligent life. But when his first creature stirs, he realizes he has made a monster. A monster which, abandoned by its maker and shunned by everyone who sees it, dogs Dr Frankenstein with murder and horrors to the very ends of the earth....

My thoughts:

Frankenstein turned out to be way better than I expected. I went into it figuring I might like it and at the very worst at least could say I've read it. I loved it though, from start to finish!

I think Mary Shelley's writing is magnificent and she really succeeded in drawing me into the world of Victor and the monster. I loved that it was stories within stories within stories yet it was still incredibly easy to follow who was talking when. I really enjoyed every single tale we were told and found it very hard to set the book down at night.

I really liked the story and all the characters. I thought Frankenstein had some very interesting thoughts and I adored hearing about how the Monster adapted to the world around him. I thought it was really sad how he wasn't really a monster to begin with and really frustrating watching him trying to stay nice when nobody was being nice to him.

Overall, I adored it and could totally see myself reading it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

So sorry about the word verification, it's the only way to stop the huge amounts of spam!

Thanks SO much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...