Wednesday 25 January 2012

Review: Brightest Kind of Darkness by P. T Michelle

Title: Brightest Kind of Darkness
Author: P.T Michelle
Publication date: June 27th 2011
Age group: Young Adult
Genre: Paranormal
Cover rating: 5/5
Content rating: 4.5/5
Buy: Amazon


Description:
Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore.  
After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate. 
Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.
My thoughts:

First of all, I adore the cover of this book! It's what attracted me to it in the first place and made me eager to find out more. I really like the bright colours balancing out the darker colours- it's interesting! Much like this entire book.


Brightest Kind of Darkness has a wonderful premise. I was so excited to see how it would be executed because I just love YA books that are a little different to everything else out there. For me, the start was pretty slow but once I got in to it? I could not put it down. Really, I had to read the rest without leaving my seat as I just had to know what was going to happen. It really managed to grip me and keep my interest the whole way through.


Inara Collins is a teenager with a unique gift. Every night, she dreams what's going to happen the following day. As you can imagine, that's probably not the most exciting way to go through life but when it's ripped away from Nara, she finds herself rather lost. Suddenly, she doesn't know what lies ahead of her each day, what's going to be in her exams or who's going to get hurt. I found it fascinating watching her trying to deal with this. Then of course, along comes they mysterious, tortured Ethan, who both complicates and helps things.


Brightest Kind of Darkness explores the idea of Fate and whether we should be messing with it. Nara and Ethan have a lot of important decisions to make throughout the book and it really makes you question things yourself. The romance was also believable and not overly cheesy or clichéd which is always a bonus. In short: I want the next book! Now!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I hadn't heard it this before, it sounds like my kind of book! I'm actually not mad on the cover though... Great review!

    I'm a new follower, I love your blog! I would love if you could follow me back (only if you want to!). Thanks!

    http://booksterreviews-cliona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

So sorry about the word verification, it's the only way to stop the huge amounts of spam!

Thanks SO much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...