Sunday 14 April 2013

Stacking the Shelves #13

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where bloggers showcase the awesome books they bought/received/borrowed during the week.

Hello all! It's been ages since I've posted a book haul and I've begun to miss it! I haven't been posting any because I haven't been buying books- I have far too many to get through as it is! However, some books just can't be resisted, so I have purchased a couple lately in preparation for the summer. These weren't all bought this week but they're my most recent purchases! 

  
  • Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
    Fairly predictable purchase! I'm reading it at the moment and kind of wishing I'd refreshed my mind on the previous book! 
  • Breathe by Sarah Crossan
    I went back and forth about buying this book but something was just "pulling" me towards it so I said why not! Will get to it soon.... and the other 3 million books I want to read 
  • The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
    This book just sounds so beautiful; I can't wait to get lost in it. 
  • Before I Go to Sleep by SJ Watson
    I saw a review for this AGES ago (I wish I could remember which blog, I'll have a think on it) and it made me so excited to read it. I snatched it up when I saw a secondhand copy in my local bookshop. 

That's it for me this week folks... can't wait to see what all of you got :) 


18 comments:

  1. Nice haul! :D I've seen so many people review Clockwork Princess, I may just pick it up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read Clockwork Princess, but darn me I looked at the dust jacket and totes spoiled myself, but I can't wait to dive in anyway. I have never heard Before I Go to Sleep before but it sounds really good! Hope you enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still really looking forward to reading Breathe...but like you said, there are just too many books calling my name! I never know where to start. :P Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul, Nicola! I loved Breathe! Before I Go to Sleep sounds like my kinda book and it's on my wishlist! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clockwork Princess!! LOVED it! I've been meaning to read Breathe for so long! I hope you enjoy these. :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice haul of books. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt that way too about CP, Cassie is not too great on the recapping. Great haul, enjoy hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Snow Child is such a beautiful book. I gave it to just about everybody I know at Christmas because I wanted everybody to read it. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved The Snow Child so much. Definitely one of my all-time favorites. Enjoy!
    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nicola! So glad to see you back again. I'm currently reading (actually listening to audiobook) Clockwork Princess and I felt exactly the same at the beginning. I wish I would've refreshed my memory. It wasn't just the usual tortuous one year wait. CC had to make us wait almost a year and a half!! I can't remember details and plot intricacies with that much time passing. A re-cap please! Sorry for the mini-rant, lol!

    Enjoy your reads. I can't wait to see what you think of Clockwork Princess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed Breathe, I thought it was a fairly good dystopian! I hope you enjoy it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some great books Nicola! I agree The Snow Child sounds amazing! I hope you enjoy all your reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it when people get together and share views.
    Great website, keep it up!

    My web page hotmail email account

    ReplyDelete
  14. I already read Breathe a month ago and it was awesome! I'm getting Clockwork Princess this weekend. Awesome haul, happy reading :-)

    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Snow Child has had some great reviews. It sounds fantastic. I hope you enjoy it! And I hope you like Clockwork Princess. I loved that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Dear, are you really visiting this web site regularly, if so after that you will without doubt take nice know-how.


    Also visit my web site ... microsoft registry cleaner

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved Before I Go To Sleep until the last page, then I was mad! Delighted to find another Irish Blogger!

    BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's been awhile since you posted this, but yay for Clockwork Princess! I almost reread Prince before it too, but I didn't find it too hard to catch up. I'm glad you got a copy of Snow Child, too. I love that book so much.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

So sorry about the word verification, it's the only way to stop the huge amounts of spam!

Thanks SO much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...