Title: In His Eyes
Publication date: February 14th 2012
Cover rating: 4/5
Overall rating: 4/5
Click here to add it to your Goodreads shelves!
Available NOW, just in time for Valentines Day, The Indelibles bring you a one-of-a-kind young adult anthology! Sixteen original short stories, all from the point of view of our favorite male characters - some are old flames from our novels and some were dreamed up especially for this anthology.
The contributors to IN HIS EYES include award winners, frequent “Top 100” placers, and hot 2011 debut authors.
Let these imminently crushable, swoon-worthy guys show you what romance looks like – in his eyes.My thoughts:
In His Eyes is an anthology of short stories by various Young Adult authors. All these authors have books out already and some of the characters from those books are featured in these stories! You can check these authors out over at Indelible Writers to see what they all have to offer! I was a bit concerned that since I haven't read their novels (I own Destined and Exiled- I just haven't read them yet!) the stories wouldn't mean much to me but this wasn't the case at all. I thought all the stories stood quite well on their own and it was a fun way of getting a feel for all these new authors!
It's hard to review an anthology. I'll just keep it short and sweet!
- Surprise, Surprise by Stacey Wallace Benefiel, author of Glimpse.
- First Kiss or First Kill? by C.K. Bryant, author of Bound.
- Shattered by Ali Cross, author of Become.
Very intense! I was completely drawn in by this one and I very intrigued by the characters. I will definitely have to read Become to get to know them better!
- Before by Jessie Harrell, author of Destined.
- The Qualm Before the Storm by Karen Amanda Hooper, author of Tangled Tides.
- Unspeakable by S.R. Johannes, author of Untraceable.
- In the Beginning by Katie Klein, author of Cross My Heart.
- A Chance Encounter by Cheri Lasota, author of Artemis Rising.
- Family Bonds by Heather McCorkle, author of The Secret of Spruce Knoll.
- Getting Closer by Lisa Nowak, author of Running Wide Open.
Aw, this was a really cute and quick story! The characters are incredibly likeable and the dialogue flows well. I liked this one a lot!
- Precalculus by Cory Putman Oakes, author of The Veil.
This was pretty interesting! Lots of fun characters and the writing is really good. The Veil sounds like a really good book.
- The Almost Assassin by Laura Pauling, author of A Spy Like Me.
- Mind Games by Susan Kaye Quinn, author of Open Minds.
Mind Games is a prequel to Quinn's novel Open Minds. I really enjoyed it. I think the premise of the story is great and Quinn is an excellent writer! I think the novel will be a must-read.
- By The Firelight by Elle Strauss, author of Clockwise.
Aw, I adored this one! It's very amusing and incredibly entertaining. I'm sure everyone will enjoy this one and I can't wait to read more from this author.
- A Very Alien Valentine’s Day by Magan Vernon, author of How To Date an Alien.
Really adorable! I definitely enjoyed reading this one. The characters are so fun and it made me laugh a few times, too! Looking forward to checking this series out.
- Aligned by RaShelle Workman, author of Exiled.
RaShelle Workman is certainly a talented author! I thoroughly enjoyed this story and it's beautifully written. Fascinating. It's made me even more excited to get stuck into Exiled!
As you can see, I very much enjoyed these stories. It's great to see so many talented writers come together to share their work. I'd recommend this to anybody who wants to sample some new writers and of course, to old fans who are looking for more!