Sunday 1 January 2012

Review: The Price of Temptation by Lecia Cornwall

Title: The Price of Temptation
Author: Lecia Cornwall
Publication date: January 1st 2012
Publisher: Avon Books (an imprint of Harper Collins)
Age group: Adult
Genre: Historical Romance
Cover rating: 3/5
Content rating: 3/5
Buy (pre-order): Amazon


Description via Goodreads
Lady Evelyn Renshaw can ignore the disgrace her former husband has brought down upon her. She can even disregard the accusations. But when her life is threatened because of his actions, she realizes a stiff upper lip won't be enough to keep her safe. So she hires a new footman powerful enough to protect her...only to find herself shamelessly intoxicated by his breathtaking masculinity.
Captain Sinjon Rutherford is no footman...but there are those who believe him a traitor. The only way to prove his innocence is by playing the part of elegant Lady Evelyn's servant in order to infiltrate her home and uncover the truth about her suspicious relations. Yet what seems at first an easy deception is anything but, once he meets his alluring new employer and discovers just how tempting a woman in charge can be...

My thoughts: 


The Price of Temptation is an interesting historical romance novel. I was very intrigued by the description and definitely wanted to know more about the characters! I haven't read much adult historical romance in the past so this was also a venture into something new for me.

I very much enjoyed the beginning. I thought the writing was incredibly good and it made it easy to relax and read. The description in this book is great and I could picture everything that was happening quite easily! The characters seemed very secretive and definitely made me interested to find out more about them and their backgrounds.

I liked the interactions between the characters and thought the dialogue was well done. It was very easy to empathise with them and I could understand the decisions they made. I was definitely rooting for the them and hoping things would turn out okay! Parts of this book didn't really hold my attention though- I thought there was some rambling and I found myself tuning out sometimes. It was just a bit slow for my liking and I found myself getting a bit impatient as the novel went on!

All in all, it was pleasant enough to read and it kept my attention until the last page. The characters and plot are memorable and I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in the genre!

1 comment:

  1. Great review! By the way, I found your link on BookBlogs and am now a follower. :) I hope you will consider following my blog - right now I am giving away both of my eBooks for FREE! http://authorjess.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-my-birthday-month.html

    ReplyDelete

So sorry about the word verification, it's the only way to stop the huge amounts of spam!

Thanks SO much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...