Sunday 4 December 2011

I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend

I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend by Cora Harrison
Published September 28th 2010
352 pages
Genre: Young Adult Historical Romance
Stars: 5/5



Description:
"I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend" is the secret diary of Jenny Cooper, Jane Austen's teenage friend and confidante. Their evenings are a blur of beautiful dresses, balls, gossip and romance; their days are spent writing about them - Jenny in her diary, Jane in her first attempts at fiction. When Jenny falls utterly in love with a handsome naval officer, obstacles stand in their way. Who better to help her than Jane herself, who already considers herself an expert in love and relationships?

My thoughts:

I absolutely adored this book, from start to finish. Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourites so I was really interested to read the author's take on young Jane. Everything about this book was just lovely... from the gorgeous cover to the writing that flowed really well. I enjoyed all the characters and really felt like I got to know them. The book was charming, witty and just fun to read. I loved the story of Jenny and Jane- they were both portrayed excellently. I was also glad to see the author's note at the end as I had definitely been wondering what was true and what the author made up, and it was nice to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sorry about the word verification, it's the only way to stop the huge amounts of spam!

Thanks SO much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...