Sunday 4 December 2011

Here Lies Bridget

Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison
Published January 17th 2011
219 pages
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Fiction
Stars: 5/5



Description via Goodreads:
Bridget Duke is the uncontested ruler of her school. The meanest girl with the biggest secret insecurities. And when new girl Anna Judge arrives, things start to fall apart for Bridget: friends don't worship as attentively, teachers don't fall for her wide-eyed "who me?" look, expulsion looms ahead and the one boy she's always loved—Liam Ward—can barely even look at her anymore.
When a desperate Bridget drives too fast and crashes her car, she ends up in limbo, facing everyone she's wronged and walking a few uncomfortable miles in their shoes. Now she has only one chance to make a last impression. Though she might end up dead, she has one last shot at redemption and the chance to right the wrongs she's inflicted on the people who mean the most to her.
And Bridget's about to learn that, sometimes, saying you're sorry just isn't enough…
My thoughts:


I really, really loved this book. I was a bit concerned that it would be hard to like given that the main character acts so badly for the first half but it seriously surprised me. In no time at all, I found myself empathising with Bridget and willing everything to work out for her. When Bridget crashes her car in a fit of madness, she's sent to a boardroom full of people she has terrorized during her life. From there, she literally steps into the shoes of the people she has wronged and sees herself from their perspective. I'll admit, it did get a bit tedious having to go through the same scenes again but that is the only fault I can find in this novel. The writing is great and the idea is interesting. It kept me on the edge until the very last page- which ended the book nicely, thankfully. It also made me laugh a few times. Overall, a delightful and witty book that certainly deserves five stars in my opinion. I can totally see why people wouldn't like this but I personally really did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sorry about the word verification, it's the only way to stop the huge amounts of spam!

Thanks SO much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...